Guided Horseback Ride
Pony up for a picturesque 2-hour horseback ride overlooking Oahu’s breathtaking Waimea Valley.
A veritable sensory smorgasbord replete with crashing ocean waves, hibiscus-scented breezes, and pastoral landscapes, Waimea Valley's surrounding island paradise is best experienced via horseback. Saddle up and follow the lead of a friendly expert wrangler for a leisurely small-group morning trail ride through sun-filtered forests, lush ranch land, and wild tropical orchards. Along the natural and undisturbed trails, see ocean views and mountain vistas while learning about the area’s rich history. This scenic adventure is ideal for both novices and families alike, as horsemanship instruction is provided for all rides.
- 2-hour guided horseback ride
Approximately 2 hours
Summer: 9 AM
Winter: 9:50 AM
Check in at Happy Trails Hawaii, 59-231 Pupukea Road, Haleiwa
- Take H-1 West to H-2 North
- Use Exit 8A for North Shore.
- Continue on H-2 North to the end of highway, where it merges onto Highway 99 North, passing by Schofield Barracks Army Base.
- Follow Highway 99 North past Dole Pineapple Center. The road will merge onto Highway 83 East (Kamehameha Highway), bypassing the town of Haleiwa.
- Continue driving along the coastline (left side) and around Waimea Bay Beach Park. Immediately after the bay (0.25 mile/0.4 km) take a right turn at first traffic light onto Pupukea Road.
- Drive 1 mile (1.6 km) farther, and the Happy Trails Hawaii gate entrance is on the right.
This activity is suitable for participants ages 6 and older.
Terms & Conditions
This Activity can be changed or cancelled without penalty at any time prior to 48 hours before the scheduled start of this Activity. Otherwise the product is 100% non-refundable and non-transferable.
All customers/participants are required to sign liability waivers before participating in this activity.